Spanish River Counseling Center treats each of the following six types of anxiety disorders:
- Generalized Anxiety Disorder – chronic worry and anxiety often accompanied by sleep difficulties, fatigue, and gastrointestinal concerns
- Panic Disorders – unexpected panic attacks or fear of having another panic attack.
- Obsessive Compulsive Disorder – unwanted thoughts or compulsions
- Phobias – Examples include fear of flying, heights, spiders and snakes. These are real fears that pose little danger but that people go to extreme measures to avoid, only exacerbating the phobia.
- Social Anxiety Disorder – often experienced as extreme shyness, performance anxiety, or fear of public speaking.
- Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) – an extreme anxiety disorder often occurring from the aftermath of a traumatic event. Flashbacks, nightmares of the traumatic event, hyper-vigilance, and withdrawing from others are common symptoms.